In episode #2180, Neil and Eric talk about why it’s better to share stories of your experiences than to give advice. Whenever you give someone advice you’re taking a risk because you have no way of predicting the outcomes with 100% certainty. Sharing your takeaways from past experiences can be a powerful and effective way of empowering others to make their own decisions. Tune in as we discuss the risks and nuances of giving advice when to unpack your experiences, and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Why It’s Better To Experience Share Than To Give Advice.
- [00:34] Why Eric prefers to experience share than give advice.
- [01:29] The risks of giving advice to someone.
- [02:22] Examples of instances where giving advice is helpful and why you should add a disclaimer.
- [03:34] How we approach recommendations on this podcast and why it’s all backed up by reputable data.
- [04:03] The expression ‘strong view loosely held’ and why it resonates with us.
- [04:27] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [04:34] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...