In Episode #384, Eric and Neil discuss why it’s important to diversify your traffic sources. Tune in to know the key traffic sources you should be leveraging and why you shouldn’t focus on just one traffic source. You’ll also discover the top, highest ROI marketing strategy to date.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why It’s Important To Diversify Your Traffic Sources
- 00:40 – Even if Neil is getting traffic from content marketing, if Google decides to ban him, it’s gone forever
- 00:57 – Therefore, you need to diversify your traffic sources
- 01:07 – There are a lot of people who have invested everything on SEO; they were clueless about what to do after an update
- 01:26 – You should have a good mixture of everything, like Google News traffic
- 01:35 – Social media channels are the best sources of traffic, not just Facebook
- 01:52 – Paid advertising drives traffic
- 02:03 – Create videos or audio files to get into other communities like iTunes and YouTube
- 02:23 – Make sure you’re collecting emails, too
- 02:42 – It’s still one of the highest ROI in marketing activities
- 02:53 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:38 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Diversifying your traffic sources gives you more chances to stay in the game should some of your platforms decide to ban or remove you.
- Leverage ALL social media platforms—this will cover you.
- Building an email list still drives the most traffic so make it your priority.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...