In episode #1436, we talk about why learning to say no will accelerate your success. When you focus on what really matters and set other opportunities aside, you make real space to progress and grow and we can see this from many of the world’s great leaders. Tune in to find out about getting away from shiny object syndrome and drilling down on one thing at a time!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why Learning to Say No Will Accelerate Your Success.
- [00:35] The damaging effects of saying yes to too many things.
- [01:29] What happens when you say no? Doubling down on what really matters.
- [02:10] The secret to Bill Gates’ and Warren Buffett’s success: focus.
- [03:12] Shiny object syndrome and missing the best opportunities through overwhelm.
- [03:48] Depth instead of breadth and embracing categorization when it comes along.
- [04:32] A homework assignment for the next week!
- [04:58] That is it for today!
- [05:01] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...