In episode #1252, we discuss our reasons why we think Luminary is failing as a business. Luminary is a podcast production studio that raised well over $100 million to try to build the Netflix for podcasts. If you’re going to launch a business, you have to look at consumer behavior and truly understand what your industry demands. Tune in as we go over all the points why we think Luminary’s roll out failed and how you can prevent that from happening in your own business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why We Think Luminary is Failing.
- [00:30] Who is Luminary, what is their business model, and why did their launch fail?
- [01:34] The importance of understanding consumer behavior before starting a business.
- [02:06] Why knowing your industry is key for launching a new business.
- [03:29] Structure of podcasts: why listeners aren’t interested in paid or B-list podcasts.
- [04:23] The pivot that Luminary needs to save their business.
- [04:59] Key lesson from this episode: give away everything fro free to build your audience.
- [05:51] That’s it for today!
- [06:02] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...