In episode #1252, we discuss our reasons why we think Luminary is failing as a business. Luminary is a podcast production studio that raised well over $100 million to try to build the Netflix for podcasts. If you’re going to launch a business, you have to look at consumer behavior and truly understand what your industry demands. Tune in as we go over all the points why we think Luminary’s roll out failed and how you can prevent that from happening in your own business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why We Think Luminary is Failing.
- [00:30] Who is Luminary, what is their business model, and why did their launch fail?
- [01:34] The importance of understanding consumer behavior before starting a business.
- [02:06] Why knowing your industry is key for launching a new business.
- [03:29] Structure of podcasts: why listeners aren’t interested in paid or B-list podcasts.
- [04:23] The pivot that Luminary needs to save their business.
- [04:59] Key lesson from this episode: give away everything fro free to build your audience.
- [05:51] That’s it for today!
- [06:02] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...