In episode #736, Eric and Neil discuss why marketers change their minds so often. Tune in to hear why marketers are a fickle bunch.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Marketers Change Their Minds a Lot
- [00:45] Eric and Neil originally said they wouldn’t use Outbrain or Taboola.
- [01:00] Since then, those companies have improved their methods.
- [01:24] At first, the Facebook ads platform was weak.
- [01:45] Often, marketers change their minds because circumstances change.
- [02:05] What worked yesterday, may not work today.
- [02:20] Market conditions are always in flux.
- [02:38] Neil always told people not to advertise on Instagram, but he has since changed his tune to some degree.
- [03:00] It’s not good for cold traffic, but works for further exposure.
- [03:30] Have a framework whereby you can re-test methods that were previously unsuccessful.
- [04:10] That’s all for today!
- [04:13] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2296, Neil and Eric talk about how they have been leveraging AI writers. There have been a lot of developments in the AI space recently, but we are only just starting to uncover how to opt...
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...