In episode #736, Eric and Neil discuss why marketers change their minds so often. Tune in to hear why marketers are a fickle bunch.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Marketers Change Their Minds a Lot
- [00:45] Eric and Neil originally said they wouldn’t use Outbrain or Taboola.
- [01:00] Since then, those companies have improved their methods.
- [01:24] At first, the Facebook ads platform was weak.
- [01:45] Often, marketers change their minds because circumstances change.
- [02:05] What worked yesterday, may not work today.
- [02:20] Market conditions are always in flux.
- [02:38] Neil always told people not to advertise on Instagram, but he has since changed his tune to some degree.
- [03:00] It’s not good for cold traffic, but works for further exposure.
- [03:30] Have a framework whereby you can re-test methods that were previously unsuccessful.
- [04:10] That’s all for today!
- [04:13] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #808, Eric and Neil discuss their early failures. Tune in to hear what not to do if you want long-term success....
In episode #807, Eric and Neil discuss the best alternative to Facebook Ads. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to grow your business....
In episode #806, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should start podcasting. Tune in to hear if you are the right kind of person for a podcast....