In episode #736, Eric and Neil discuss why marketers change their minds so often. Tune in to hear why marketers are a fickle bunch.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Marketers Change Their Minds a Lot
- [00:45] Eric and Neil originally said they wouldn’t use Outbrain or Taboola.
- [01:00] Since then, those companies have improved their methods.
- [01:24] At first, the Facebook ads platform was weak.
- [01:45] Often, marketers change their minds because circumstances change.
- [02:05] What worked yesterday, may not work today.
- [02:20] Market conditions are always in flux.
- [02:38] Neil always told people not to advertise on Instagram, but he has since changed his tune to some degree.
- [03:00] It’s not good for cold traffic, but works for further exposure.
- [03:30] Have a framework whereby you can re-test methods that were previously unsuccessful.
- [04:10] That’s all for today!
- [04:13] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....