On episode #507, Eric and Neil explain why they believe that marketing is the best education you can get. Tune in to hear how being good at marketing is not just a business maneuver, but an important life skill.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Marketing Is Your Most Important Education
- [00:44] Learning to be good at marketing, gets you what you need in business and in life.
- [00:57] Neil loves marketing because, no matter what you’re doing in life, you’re pitching, selling, building relationships.
- [01:20] If you don’t know how to talk to people or communicate effectively, you are not going to do well in life.
- [01:30] If you ask your boss for a promotion, beyond doing a good job, you also have to market yourself in order to get that promotion.
- [02:07] You must figure out how to relate to people, communicate effectively, and position yourself so that you’re looked upon positively.
- [02:50] Neil did an experiment where he updated his wardrobe in order to look stylish and professional. He ended up closing more deals.
- [03:30] The reality is that your physical appearance is part of how people perceive you and is just as important as being good at your job, as it’s part of how you are marketing yourself.
- [04:05] That’s it for today!
- [04:07] Eric and Neil recommend the Problem Solvers podcast, because there is a great episode about the Hello Fresh CEO. To listen go to singlegrain.com/solve.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1933, Neil and Eric talk about whether your business should have a phone number listed. Having a phone number listed may seem outdated, but testing has shown that simply listing a phone nu...
In episode #1932, Neil and Eric talk about the economics of buying another business versus building. When you’re deciding whether or not to buy a business, the number one question you should ask you...
In episode #1931, Neil and Eric talk about how to profit off your blog without selling out. If you pivot from your original content in order to sell something, there’s a good chance you’ll feel li...