In episode #2280, Neil and Eric talk about why marketing videos on your homepage aren’t the best idea. If you need a two-minute video to explain what your company does, it will have an adverse effect on your conversion rate. To learn more about posting marketing videos on your home page and what they say about your copy, make sure you tune in today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Why Marketing Videos on Your Homepage Aren’t the Best Idea.
- [00:30] Why you shouldn’t need an explainer video to describe what you do.
- [01:06] How explainer videos decrease conversions.
- [01:15] What explainer videos can teach you about the quality of your copy.
- [03:17] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [03:21] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...