In episode #1175, we talk about why MoviePass failed. Most of us remember MoviePass from a while back, a service that promised something that seemed too good to be true. Well, it turns out that it was a bit too good to be true and we unpack what contributed to its demise. So tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why MoviePass Failed as a Business.
- [00:30] What was MoviePass? Do you remember it?
- [01:08] What we can learn from their business model.
- [02:41] Going for sustainability over initially undercutting competition.
- [03:01] The example of WeWork and high costs against income .
- [04:01] Reliable operators as the foundation of successful business.
- [04:40] That’s it for today!
- [04:41] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...