In episode #679, Eric and Neil discuss why videos are better than text content. Find out why you need to be incorporating videos into your marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Videos Are Better Than Text Even Though They Don’t Rank on Google
- [00:41] Eric thinks videos are better than text. YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world and videos can rank on the front page.
- [00:55] Because we all have faster internet, video content in rising in popularity more so than before.
- [01:05] Neil thinks text generates long-term search traffic that can’t be beat.
- [01:28] In an ideal world, you would do video and text.
- [01:45] Video is time consuming, harder to rank, harder to go viral, etc.
- [01:57] Even so, the people who watch are more engaged and conversion rates are higher.
- [02:10] Incorporating video into your blogs is a great method.
- [02:40] At conferences, Eric and Neil get great responses from the videos they post.
- [03:00] If you can’t get high view counts, get other sites to embed your video.
- [03:10] Add subtitles and translations to your videos to reach a wider audience.
- [03:25] Anchor.fm can make a video for you from your audio podcast. You can then post it to Instagram and Facebook.
- [04:05] Eric and Neil know recording in a studio is better than recording a podcast at home.
- [04:30] Neil’s office does sales presentations over video.
- [04:45] They also do a lot of video conferencing. Because of their casual dress code, everyone keeps a dress shirt around to throw over their more casual clothes.
- [04:55] Videos build relationships and deeper connections.
- [05:08] That’s all for today!
- [05:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...