In episode #679, Eric and Neil discuss why videos are better than text content. Find out why you need to be incorporating videos into your marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Videos Are Better Than Text Even Though They Don’t Rank on Google
- [00:41] Eric thinks videos are better than text. YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world and videos can rank on the front page.
- [00:55] Because we all have faster internet, video content in rising in popularity more so than before.
- [01:05] Neil thinks text generates long-term search traffic that can’t be beat.
- [01:28] In an ideal world, you would do video and text.
- [01:45] Video is time consuming, harder to rank, harder to go viral, etc.
- [01:57] Even so, the people who watch are more engaged and conversion rates are higher.
- [02:10] Incorporating video into your blogs is a great method.
- [02:40] At conferences, Eric and Neil get great responses from the videos they post.
- [03:00] If you can’t get high view counts, get other sites to embed your video.
- [03:10] Add subtitles and translations to your videos to reach a wider audience.
- [03:25] Anchor.fm can make a video for you from your audio podcast. You can then post it to Instagram and Facebook.
- [04:05] Eric and Neil know recording in a studio is better than recording a podcast at home.
- [04:30] Neil’s office does sales presentations over video.
- [04:45] They also do a lot of video conferencing. Because of their casual dress code, everyone keeps a dress shirt around to throw over their more casual clothes.
- [04:55] Videos build relationships and deeper connections.
- [05:08] That’s all for today!
- [05:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...