In episode #2054, we talk about why we are so big on saying ‘no’ these days! After many trials and tribulations in the business world, we have learned that focus is the number one factor in the success of any venture, and you cannot focus if you are overstretched and distracted. Tune in to hear some great examples of how to say ‘no’ and what this can do for you and your next project!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why We Are Big On Saying ‘No’ These Days.
- [00:26] You only have so much time every day, focus on what is important!
- [00:45] The common denominator of focus as the mechanism for success.
- [01:30] Playing and winning at the resource allocation game of business.
- [02:19] The best ways to let people down easy when you say no.
- [02:50] How some of the biggest names communicate a ‘no’.
- [03:40] Maintaining focus in the early days of a business is vital!
- [04:22] Unfortunately, we can tell you all of this, but experience is the best teacher.
- [04:30] That’s it for today!
- [04:36] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
- Bill Gates
- Warren Buffett
- Steve Jobs
- MP Digital
- Mark Cuban
- Seth Godin
- Gary V
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...