In episode #1042, we discuss why we aren’t the CEO’s of our own companies. Tune in to hear why being your own CEO isn’t the greatest idea.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Aren’t the CEOs of Our Own Companies And Why You Shouldn’t Be Either
- [00:40] If you start small, you may have to be the CEO at first.
- [00:55] You should always consider whether you are capable of being the best CEO for your company. Consider what your skill set is.
- [01:30] Focus your time on what you are the best at doing.
- [01:45] Eric doesn’t like being a CEO and it’s not his strong suit.
- [02:25] We realized that there are people out there with more experience than us, who will achieve more as CEO’s than we would.
- [03:05] Berkshire Hathaway just had their annual meeting.
- [03:20] They don’t invest in tech, but rather focus on what they do know.
- [04:35] For us, it’s too crazy to take on the role of CEO, because of all the other projects we like to focus on.
- [05:07] That’s it for today!
- [05:14] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1398 we give you seven unique blog post angles that drive a flood of traffic. From creating visualizations of other popular posts to hosting expert interviews and documenting how you solve...
In episode #1397, we talk about seven simple ways to save money on your marketing! Almost everyone is looking to cut costs at the moment and your marketing budget should be no different. Tune in to he...
In episode #1396, we talk about where the good investment opportunities are right now. In the middle of the current pandemic, the only safe action would be putting some money into the stock market, ev...