In episode #1042, we discuss why we aren’t the CEO’s of our own companies. Tune in to hear why being your own CEO isn’t the greatest idea.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Aren’t the CEOs of Our Own Companies And Why You Shouldn’t Be Either
- [00:40] If you start small, you may have to be the CEO at first.
- [00:55] You should always consider whether you are capable of being the best CEO for your company. Consider what your skill set is.
- [01:30] Focus your time on what you are the best at doing.
- [01:45] Eric doesn’t like being a CEO and it’s not his strong suit.
- [02:25] We realized that there are people out there with more experience than us, who will achieve more as CEO’s than we would.
- [03:05] Berkshire Hathaway just had their annual meeting.
- [03:20] They don’t invest in tech, but rather focus on what they do know.
- [04:35] For us, it’s too crazy to take on the role of CEO, because of all the other projects we like to focus on.
- [05:07] That’s it for today!
- [05:14] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2296, Neil and Eric talk about how they have been leveraging AI writers. There have been a lot of developments in the AI space recently, but we are only just starting to uncover how to opt...
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...