In episode #698, Eric and Neil discuss why daily blogging is unnecessary. Tune in to hear what pace at which you should be producing content.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Don’t Blog Daily (and You Shouldn’t Either)
- [00:36] Neil used to blog seven times per day as an experiment.
- [00:55] It got him a ton of traffic, but he burnt out working at that pace.
- [01:15] HubSpot gets a ton of traffic and posts multiple articles on a daily basis, but they are able to keep that pace.
- [01:40] If you want to scale up and generate more traffic, blog every single day.
- [01:52] If you’re in the B2B world, don’t blog every day. It’s unnecessary.
- [02:13] The Kleiner-Perkins Internet Trends report comes out every year.
- [02:35] It is a popular guide that serves a huge community.
- [02:50] If you want high-quality leads, don’t blog every day. Write content that shows off how smart you are and what you have to offer.
- [03:15] Techcrunch is no longer the end-all, be-all that it used to be.
- [04:05] When you are starting out, doing one really good piece per week or month will do the trick.
- [04:25] Eric and Neil record three times every two months and record in batches of 20. This gives them a lot of shows in advance.
- [04:55] This helps them stay top-of-mind and provide high-quality content.
- [05:15] If you can’t provide value, don’t blog or podcast.
- [05:45] Everything has been done to death, which is why blogging is a hard game.
- [05:59] That’s all for today!
- [06:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1434, we talk about six brilliant founders and CEOs that we are studying in 2020! From Ray Dalio and Bill Gates to Phil Knight and Patrick Collison, we cover a bunch of people that show us...
In episode #1433, you’ll hear whether you should build an audience before launching your product or not! We talk about two main approaches today that you can take depending on whether you have an ex...
In episode #1432, we are going to be giving you seven game-changing tools for marketers on a budget. This great session covers Eric and Neil’s famous self-made tools for optimizing traffic and SEO, ...