In episode #626, Eric and Neil explain why they don’t watch the news. Tune in to hear why television news is a waste of your time.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Don’t Watch The News
- [00:33] The news media is just another business.
- [00:45] It’s a viewership-driven business and they thrive on ad revenue.
- [01:00] Instead, Eric follows different people on Twitter and gets his news from that.
- [01:20] TV news is just noise!
- [02:21] You can get your news by browsing news sites instead.
- [02:34] If something really important or big happens, you will most likely find out about it on Twitter or social media, anyway.
- [03:15] By not spending time posting on social media, you gain a lot of hours back.
- [03:44] To beat your competition, focus on your business and what matters as opposed to being obsessed with frivolous social media posts.
- [04:40] The Economist Espresso is one or two paragraphs and summarizes the most important stories.
- [05:00] “If you want to do well, stop wasting your time” -Neil
- [05:07] That’s all for today!
- [05:10] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...