In episode #626, Eric and Neil explain why they don’t watch the news. Tune in to hear why television news is a waste of your time.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Don’t Watch The News
- [00:33] The news media is just another business.
- [00:45] It’s a viewership-driven business and they thrive on ad revenue.
- [01:00] Instead, Eric follows different people on Twitter and gets his news from that.
- [01:20] TV news is just noise!
- [02:21] You can get your news by browsing news sites instead.
- [02:34] If something really important or big happens, you will most likely find out about it on Twitter or social media, anyway.
- [03:15] By not spending time posting on social media, you gain a lot of hours back.
- [03:44] To beat your competition, focus on your business and what matters as opposed to being obsessed with frivolous social media posts.
- [04:40] The Economist Espresso is one or two paragraphs and summarizes the most important stories.
- [05:00] “If you want to do well, stop wasting your time” -Neil
- [05:07] That’s all for today!
- [05:10] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...