In episode #613, Eric and Neil explain why they work so hard. Tune in to hear why they spend so much time working and whether it is worth it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Work So Hard
- [00:43] Neil says he works so hard because he loves what he does and he also has nothing better to do.
- [00:50] He loves it so much it doesn’t feel like work for him.
- [01:01] Eric loves playing games and finds that marketing is a fun game for him (in terms of strategizing).
- [01:58] He is addicting to winning.
- [02:30] One of Neil’s partners said marketing is like a drug.
- [03:03] Eric sees systems of processes and finds them to be like puzzle pieces.
- [03:35] Business is a game that never ends.
- [04:01] Though Neil clearly grew up an Upper-Middle Class kid, he still had aspirations of being “rich” and privileged.
- [04:12] Eventually, he realized money doesn’t equate to happiness, but the challenges of the job were satisfying.
- [04:38] Figure out what your motivation is and once you find that, keep pushing forward. If you don’t love what you do, don’t do it!
- [05:32] Eric believes that when you work all the time, you get to meet a wide array of interesting people, which is beneficial and it evens out all the hours worked.
- [06:04] That’s it for today!
- [06:07] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1434, we talk about six brilliant founders and CEOs that we are studying in 2020! From Ray Dalio and Bill Gates to Phil Knight and Patrick Collison, we cover a bunch of people that show us...
In episode #1433, you’ll hear whether you should build an audience before launching your product or not! We talk about two main approaches today that you can take depending on whether you have an ex...
In episode #1432, we are going to be giving you seven game-changing tools for marketers on a budget. This great session covers Eric and Neil’s famous self-made tools for optimizing traffic and SEO, ...