In episode #613, Eric and Neil explain why they work so hard. Tune in to hear why they spend so much time working and whether it is worth it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Work So Hard
- [00:43] Neil says he works so hard because he loves what he does and he also has nothing better to do.
- [00:50] He loves it so much it doesn’t feel like work for him.
- [01:01] Eric loves playing games and finds that marketing is a fun game for him (in terms of strategizing).
- [01:58] He is addicting to winning.
- [02:30] One of Neil’s partners said marketing is like a drug.
- [03:03] Eric sees systems of processes and finds them to be like puzzle pieces.
- [03:35] Business is a game that never ends.
- [04:01] Though Neil clearly grew up an Upper-Middle Class kid, he still had aspirations of being “rich” and privileged.
- [04:12] Eventually, he realized money doesn’t equate to happiness, but the challenges of the job were satisfying.
- [04:38] Figure out what your motivation is and once you find that, keep pushing forward. If you don’t love what you do, don’t do it!
- [05:32] Eric believes that when you work all the time, you get to meet a wide array of interesting people, which is beneficial and it evens out all the hours worked.
- [06:04] That’s it for today!
- [06:07] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...