In episode #613, Eric and Neil explain why they work so hard. Tune in to hear why they spend so much time working and whether it is worth it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We Work So Hard
- [00:43] Neil says he works so hard because he loves what he does and he also has nothing better to do.
- [00:50] He loves it so much it doesn’t feel like work for him.
- [01:01] Eric loves playing games and finds that marketing is a fun game for him (in terms of strategizing).
- [01:58] He is addicting to winning.
- [02:30] One of Neil’s partners said marketing is like a drug.
- [03:03] Eric sees systems of processes and finds them to be like puzzle pieces.
- [03:35] Business is a game that never ends.
- [04:01] Though Neil clearly grew up an Upper-Middle Class kid, he still had aspirations of being “rich” and privileged.
- [04:12] Eventually, he realized money doesn’t equate to happiness, but the challenges of the job were satisfying.
- [04:38] Figure out what your motivation is and once you find that, keep pushing forward. If you don’t love what you do, don’t do it!
- [05:32] Eric believes that when you work all the time, you get to meet a wide array of interesting people, which is beneficial and it evens out all the hours worked.
- [06:04] That’s it for today!
- [06:07] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1542, we give you a few ways to gather priceless customer research for free! Sound too good to be true? Well it isn’t! From online searches and surveys to simple tools that give you amaz...
In episode #1541, we talk about the marketing trends that we are most excited about for Q4! From the often-mentioned voice search and paid subscriptions, to stories on LinkedIn and beyond, these trend...
In episode #1540, we share our new, number one Instagram strategy for growing brand new accounts. Growing an Instagram can take a long time, but if you go Live with people who have huge followings, do...