In episode #775, Eric and Neil discuss the reason they want to do a live event. Tune in to hear why you should also consider putting on a live event.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why We’re Going to Do An In Person Event (and You Should Too)
- [00:50] Eric and Neil don’t monetize their podcast nor do they run ads.
- [01:24] On their site for this podcast, they only collect emails and surveys.
- [01:42] If their goal is to impact more people, they realized an in-person event would be a great opportunity. People were also asking for a live event in the surveys.
- [02:45] Charlie Munger talks about aligning incentives.
- [02:56] Eric and Neil are incentivized to reach that 1 Million download milestone.
- [03:12] They did a test even last year in downtown LA.
- [03:32] People had different ranges for what they found too cost prohibitive in terms of attending a conference or live event.
- [03:42] Eric and Neil are making this live event free, so they don’t exclude any interested parties.
- [03:58] They will also be recording the event, so no one has to miss out.
- [04:13] Eric and Neil are hoping to build a larger community.
- [04:28] No matter what you do, consider putting on a live event as a way of connecting with your clients and audience.
- [05:40] Live events are the best ways to market your brand.
- [05:45] That is all for today!
- [05:47] Go to here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...