In episode #1508, we explore why word of mouth is becoming more important. The cost of marketing is rising, so the best way to win is through word of mouth, and if you want good word of mouth marketing, you need to build something amazing! Plug in today and learn exactly what word of mouth is, how it travels, and how to tap into this new horizon in marketing!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why Word of Mouth is Becoming More Important.
- [00:35] What word of mouth is and some examples of companies that get spoken about a lot.
- [01:11] Key findings about word of mouth from a Reforge article.
- [01:22] How much word of mouth travels on ‘dark social’: WhatsApp, text, and email.
- [01:45] Companies like Google are changing advertising, leaving a window for word of mouth.
- [02:17] If you have good word of mouth marketing, you’ve built a good product.
- [02:57] Build a brand first and then build products and services around it.
- [04:20] That’s it for today!
- [04:22] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...