In Episode #140, Eric and Neil reminds us why it’s very important to survey your audience. Listen to find out the most effective ways to survey your customers, the online tools that can assist you, and why it’s important to know WHO you are surveying to get the highest quality feedback for your company or product.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Need to Be Surveying Your Audience
- 00:44 – Check in with your audience
- 01:03 – Ask pointed questions and take the feedback
- 01:15 – Discern “signal” from “noise”—what points or opinions keep recurring?
- 01:52 – Use Qualaroo to ask people why they don’t convert
- 02:12 – Quantitative data vs qualitative data
- 02:50 – Make sure you ask a non-bias question and ask a large group of people
- 03:18 – Focus on solving areas that show problems first
- 03:30 – Analyze data in large quantities
- 03:43 – Use User Testing to ask people questions
- 04:08 – SurveyMonkey and Typeform are two more options
- 05:59 – Make sure the people you’re asking are relevant to your business
- 06:21 – Check out the Kissmetrics blog
- 06:35 – If you ask terrible questions, expect inaccurate feedback
- 06:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Surveys are done to generate feedback so you know what you need to change.
- Qualitative data helps you understand why people did NOT convert.
- Ask the RIGHT people to get relevant feedback. The right people are your ideal customers.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...