In Episode #140, Eric and Neil reminds us why it’s very important to survey your audience. Listen to find out the most effective ways to survey your customers, the online tools that can assist you, and why it’s important to know WHO you are surveying to get the highest quality feedback for your company or product.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Need to Be Surveying Your Audience
- 00:44 – Check in with your audience
- 01:03 – Ask pointed questions and take the feedback
- 01:15 – Discern “signal” from “noise”—what points or opinions keep recurring?
- 01:52 – Use Qualaroo to ask people why they don’t convert
- 02:12 – Quantitative data vs qualitative data
- 02:50 – Make sure you ask a non-bias question and ask a large group of people
- 03:18 – Focus on solving areas that show problems first
- 03:30 – Analyze data in large quantities
- 03:43 – Use User Testing to ask people questions
- 04:08 – SurveyMonkey and Typeform are two more options
- 05:59 – Make sure the people you’re asking are relevant to your business
- 06:21 – Check out the Kissmetrics blog
- 06:35 – If you ask terrible questions, expect inaccurate feedback
- 06:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Surveys are done to generate feedback so you know what you need to change.
- Qualitative data helps you understand why people did NOT convert.
- Ask the RIGHT people to get relevant feedback. The right people are your ideal customers.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2352, the focus is on tips and tactics for mastering influencer marketing. Neil and Eric discuss the do’s and don’ts of influencer marketing and share some valuable tools that you can ...
In episode #2351, you’ll hear top tips for how to get more newsletter subscribers in 2023. If you think that email is dead, think again because email marketing is one of the most effective ways to g...
In episode #2350, Neil and Eric delve into 5 evergreen SEO tactics that just work! If you want to improve your SEO rankings, this episode covers 5 tactics (plus a bonus one right at the end) that will...