In Episode #305, Eric and Neil discuss why you should clean your email list. Tune in to learn what tools you can use to help you manage your email lists and the benefits of making this a TOP priority—including saving you money!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Should Clean Your Email List
- 00:40 – Neil’s email is a mess and uses everything from Infusionsoft to Maropost to Mailgun
- 01:02 – They’re trying to figure which one will work well
- 01:19 – “If you don’t clear your list, your deliverability goes through the shitter”
- 01:24 – No one will get your emails
- 01:56 – Neil would clean the list, look at the most active subscribers and start sending emails to them
- 02:05 – Neil uses ConvertKit combined with Infusionsoft as their main mail service solution
- 02:30 – If you don’t clean your list up and you have a lot of inactive subscribers, you will be paying more
- 02:53 – Cleaning your email list is also saving you money
- 03:01 – Have a workflow using Drip or Infusionsoft
- 03:05 – Have a re-engagement sequence in place
- 03:40 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Sniply which allows you to overlay CTA or forms over social links that you’re sharing
- 04:06 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:10 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:30 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Cleaning your email list directly equates to lowering your expenses and minimizing waste.
- Create a workflow for your email subscribers, especially when it comes to creating an re-engagement sequence.
- If you don’t manage your email well, your subscribers may not end up not getting any of your emails.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...