In Episode #84 Neil and Eric talk about why you should keep your old content updated and how you should do it. Listen to learn how deleting old pages can help you get more traffic, and the tools you can use to make sure your web content is up to date.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Why you should keep your old content updated
- 00:36 – Listen to SPI200 podcast episode and read Moz
- 01:02 – Make an audit of all the content you have
- 01:24 – Make sure you’re tracking closely
- 01:41 – Use the right keywords and build back links
- 02:01 – Use keywords that generate traffic – use Ahrefs or Google Keyword Planner
- 02:56 – Strategize by updating or deleting your content
- 03:42 – Link internally by using any Related Post Plugin in WordPress
- 04:18 – Check Yoast SEO Plugin for indexing
- 04:43 – Having more back links mean you can have more pages
- 05:19 – The key is not to lose links when you do pruning
- 05:41 – Don’t just remove pages! Redirect them
- 05:57 – Delete pages or consolidate your posts
- 06:43 – What Hub and Spoke content strategy is
- 07:42 – Don’t base pruning on just traffic!
- 08:52 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Knowing the content you already have and what you want to add is the way to start.
- Keeping your content up to date means you need to monitor news and trends closely.
- Remember that you don’t want to lose links when deleting pages so redirect them instead!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...