In Episode #84 Neil and Eric talk about why you should keep your old content updated and how you should do it. Listen to learn how deleting old pages can help you get more traffic, and the tools you can use to make sure your web content is up to date.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Why you should keep your old content updated
- 00:36 – Listen to SPI200 podcast episode and read Moz
- 01:02 – Make an audit of all the content you have
- 01:24 – Make sure you’re tracking closely
- 01:41 – Use the right keywords and build back links
- 02:01 – Use keywords that generate traffic – use Ahrefs or Google Keyword Planner
- 02:56 – Strategize by updating or deleting your content
- 03:42 – Link internally by using any Related Post Plugin in WordPress
- 04:18 – Check Yoast SEO Plugin for indexing
- 04:43 – Having more back links mean you can have more pages
- 05:19 – The key is not to lose links when you do pruning
- 05:41 – Don’t just remove pages! Redirect them
- 05:57 – Delete pages or consolidate your posts
- 06:43 – What Hub and Spoke content strategy is
- 07:42 – Don’t base pruning on just traffic!
- 08:52 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Knowing the content you already have and what you want to add is the way to start.
- Keeping your content up to date means you need to monitor news and trends closely.
- Remember that you don’t want to lose links when deleting pages so redirect them instead!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...