In Episode #368, Eric and Neil discuss why you should pay attention to Facebook groups. Tune in to learn the pros of joining Facebook groups, starting your own for your company, and how to extract and give value to these online communities.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Should Pay Attention To Facebook Groups
- 00:39 – Eric gets a lot of value from Facebook groups
- 00:43 – Eric follows Badass Marketers and Founders Facebook group run by Josh Fechter
- 00:50 – There’s a ton of marketing information he gains from the group
- 00:56 – Another group to follow: Young Entrepreneurs Council
- 01:00 – There’s a high level of engagement in these groups and people share them with others
- 01:18 – Facebook just launched a summit for Facebook groups
- 01:54 – You can search for terms in groups that are related to your niche
- 02:08 – Answer questions in groups—this will lead people to your website and build traffic
- 02:15 – When you build our own Facebook group, it builds a community with that will strongly support your brand
- 02:22 – Neil has a private Facebook group and most of its members help promote one another
- 02:56 – Find the group that has more signal than noise
- 03:11 – Eric highly recommends Badass Marketers and Founders
- 03:30 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which helps you increase your conversion rate
- 04:00 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There’s a lot of VALUE to be had in Facebook groups—build your network and your following to increase your support.
- Join groups that are relevant to your niche.
- Be helpful with those in your Facebook groups—answer their questions and promote one another depending on the type of group that it is.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...