In episode #716, Eric and Neil discuss why you shouldn’t copy the strategies of billion dollar companies. Tune in to hear why corporations don’t have all the answers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Copy Billion Dollar Companies
- [00:42] A lot of the things big companies do, don’t make sense.
- [00:55] Companies like Slack have the high valuation.
- [01:13] They ran a commercial, but the commercial didn’t completely explain what Slack actually is.
- [01:50] If you are in marketing, you have to have good messaging and a good story.
- [02:15] Your product is not a consumer-based product and is probably more complex.
- [02:45] Eric watches The Man in the High Castle and he recommends it.
- [03:00] However, the recent marketing campaign for this show involved covering the inside of subway cars with full Swastikas. It was a confusing ad campaign.
- [03:30] If you don’t know the show, this campaign was probably jarring.
- [03:50] You have to be smart with your branding and think of long-term repercussions.
- [04:43] You want to answer objections.
- [05:00] That’s all for today!
- [05:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1772, we talk about why acting rich is the easiest way to go broke! There is a difference between being wealthy, and being rich, and we explore what that means in terms of sustainability a...
In episode #1771, we talk about some easy ways that you can collaborate with big influencers within your budget. There are a few simple strategies that can be employed here, where both parties come aw...
In episode #1770, we explore whether having a newsletter is still a valuable tool in the marketing toolkit. We have been hearing a lot of complaints these days about newsletters performing badly and f...