In episode #716, Eric and Neil discuss why you shouldn’t copy the strategies of billion dollar companies. Tune in to hear why corporations don’t have all the answers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Copy Billion Dollar Companies
- [00:42] A lot of the things big companies do, don’t make sense.
- [00:55] Companies like Slack have the high valuation.
- [01:13] They ran a commercial, but the commercial didn’t completely explain what Slack actually is.
- [01:50] If you are in marketing, you have to have good messaging and a good story.
- [02:15] Your product is not a consumer-based product and is probably more complex.
- [02:45] Eric watches The Man in the High Castle and he recommends it.
- [03:00] However, the recent marketing campaign for this show involved covering the inside of subway cars with full Swastikas. It was a confusing ad campaign.
- [03:30] If you don’t know the show, this campaign was probably jarring.
- [03:50] You have to be smart with your branding and think of long-term repercussions.
- [04:43] You want to answer objections.
- [05:00] That’s all for today!
- [05:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...