In Episode #418, Eric and Neil discuss why you shouldn’t copy someone else’s marketing. Tune in to discover if replicating other’s marketing techniques actually works for you OR if you’re better off creating your own marketing strategy.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Shouldn’t Copy Someone Else’s Marketing
- 00:58 – When given a template, figure out how you can change it and make it your own
- 01:06 – Some marketing tactics that work for others does not mean it will work for you
- 01:27 – Eric has tried different techniques and not all of them have worked
- 01:45 – Learn from others, but don’t copy them
- 02:22 – Figure out what will work for you and your audience
- 02:30 – Neil was advised that if you’re doing something that moves away from your personality, the tactic won’t convert
- 02:50 – There’s NO best tactic for everyone, it will depend on your business and audience
- 03:34 – Learn everything that you can, but eventually you’ll have to create your own style
- 03:44 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:58 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- While known marketers share their techniques for marketing, you do NOT and should not copy it cover to cover.
- Learn different marketing tactics, then tailor a strategy for your audience.
- There’s no best tactic for everyone—what works for one doesn’t mean it will work for the other.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....