In Episode #418, Eric and Neil discuss why you shouldn’t copy someone else’s marketing. Tune in to discover if replicating other’s marketing techniques actually works for you OR if you’re better off creating your own marketing strategy.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why You Shouldn’t Copy Someone Else’s Marketing
- 00:58 – When given a template, figure out how you can change it and make it your own
- 01:06 – Some marketing tactics that work for others does not mean it will work for you
- 01:27 – Eric has tried different techniques and not all of them have worked
- 01:45 – Learn from others, but don’t copy them
- 02:22 – Figure out what will work for you and your audience
- 02:30 – Neil was advised that if you’re doing something that moves away from your personality, the tactic won’t convert
- 02:50 – There’s NO best tactic for everyone, it will depend on your business and audience
- 03:34 – Learn everything that you can, but eventually you’ll have to create your own style
- 03:44 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:58 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- While known marketers share their techniques for marketing, you do NOT and should not copy it cover to cover.
- Learn different marketing tactics, then tailor a strategy for your audience.
- There’s no best tactic for everyone—what works for one doesn’t mean it will work for the other.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...