In episode #618, Eric and Neil discuss why Ivy League graduates aren’t always the best marketers. Tune in to hear why you shouldn’t hire a Harvard grad.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Hire Harvard Graduates
- [00:35] People who come from Ivy League schools are smart and they are not saying not to hire them.
- [01:20] What you need to do, is hire people based on how creative they are and their past work.
- [01:38] If a candidate can turn a dud into a stud, they can probably do great work for you.
- [01:55] People who go to good schools are good at following instructions. When it comes to getting creative and thinking outside the box, they may not be able to do that.
- [02:40] When Eric was 22, there was a Harvard grad who was in the same position as Eric. The Harvard grad appeared to have no chutzpah and would come in and only do what he was told. This motivated Eric to work hard and be creative.
- [03:25] Affiliate marketers are the most creative, because they don’t operate based on rules.
- [04:15] People that operate outside boundaries and make difficult numbers work, are often successful affiliate marketers.
- [04:36] That’s all for today!
- [04:38] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #780, Eric and Neil discuss how they are going to reach 1 Million downloads per month. Tune in to hear how they are going to do this and why they set this goal....
In episode #779, Eric and Neil discuss how to convert more leads. Tune in to hear their great hack....
In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings....