In episode #691, Eric and Neil Discuss why you shouldn’t just read books all day. Tune in to hear why you need to limit the time you spend absorbing information.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Read Books
- [00:40] People spend so much time reading, that they end up taking little action.
- [00:55] If you don’t spend time implementing ideas within your business, this is problematic.
- [01:30] Someone wrote a post about when it’s time to learn and when it’s time to earn; it is important to delineate time for actionable ideas.
- [01:50] Experimentation is the ultimate teacher.
- [02:02] Make mistakes and learn from them.
- [02:15] Don’t read random books, read books that address your specific problems.
- [03:10] Make sure to take notes and take action on your ideas after reading.
- [03:35] Eric and Neil aren’t advocating ignorance, they’re saying limit your time absorbing information and spend more time enhancing your company.
- [04:26] That’s it for today!
- [04:31] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...