In episode #790, Eric and Neil explain why you shouldn’t reveal your revenue numbers. Tune in to hear why secrecy is always the best policy.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Reveal Your Revenue Numbers
- [00:45] Neil never talks about his revenue.
- [01:00] He is worried about people copying his tactics.
- [01:30] Why feed the competition?
- [01:45] You shouldn’t get mad, just don’t reveal your numbers.
- [02:30] True Ventures is an example of an ethical VC firm.
- [02:57] Eric has a podcast where he grills people about their actual numbers.
- [03:15] However, Eric has never revealed his company’s numbers.
- [03:40] Get all the information you can, but don’t share your information!
- [04:24] When you hear stats and numbers from others, it’s not always accurate.
- [04:40] Make sure the data is accurate before you decide to copy their techniques.
- [04:48] That’s it for today!
- [04:55] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...