In episode #790, Eric and Neil explain why you shouldn’t reveal your revenue numbers. Tune in to hear why secrecy is always the best policy.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Reveal Your Revenue Numbers
- [00:45] Neil never talks about his revenue.
- [01:00] He is worried about people copying his tactics.
- [01:30] Why feed the competition?
- [01:45] You shouldn’t get mad, just don’t reveal your numbers.
- [02:30] True Ventures is an example of an ethical VC firm.
- [02:57] Eric has a podcast where he grills people about their actual numbers.
- [03:15] However, Eric has never revealed his company’s numbers.
- [03:40] Get all the information you can, but don’t share your information!
- [04:24] When you hear stats and numbers from others, it’s not always accurate.
- [04:40] Make sure the data is accurate before you decide to copy their techniques.
- [04:48] That’s it for today!
- [04:55] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...