In episode #790, Eric and Neil explain why you shouldn’t reveal your revenue numbers. Tune in to hear why secrecy is always the best policy.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Reveal Your Revenue Numbers
- [00:45] Neil never talks about his revenue.
- [01:00] He is worried about people copying his tactics.
- [01:30] Why feed the competition?
- [01:45] You shouldn’t get mad, just don’t reveal your numbers.
- [02:30] True Ventures is an example of an ethical VC firm.
- [02:57] Eric has a podcast where he grills people about their actual numbers.
- [03:15] However, Eric has never revealed his company’s numbers.
- [03:40] Get all the information you can, but don’t share your information!
- [04:24] When you hear stats and numbers from others, it’s not always accurate.
- [04:40] Make sure the data is accurate before you decide to copy their techniques.
- [04:48] That’s it for today!
- [04:55] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...