In episode #1087, we bring you another portion of the Q & A from our Marketing School Live event in June.
Tune in to hear us discuss whether SEO is different across the globe, if books are good marketing tools, and so much more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:52] Today’s Topic: Marketing School Live Q & A Part III
- [01:03] Are SEO techniques different in different countries?
- [01:10] Sometimes Google will make changes in major markets first, but eventually it’s all the same everywhere.
- [01:50] Are books good marketing and branding tools?
- [02:00] The economics of publishing weren’t great for Neil.
- [03:00] Neil felt his publisher was unecessarily pushy.
- [04:02] Eric had a different goal than Neil did, when publishing his book.
- [04:25] Being able to leverage an audience is a powerful outcome.
- [05:20] The site Muscle for Life does well, because the site’s creator published kindle books and only pays for advertising on Amazon.
- [07:05] Why do Eric and Neil like Intercom best?
- [07:20] Intercom has greater functionality than MobileMonkey and ManyChat.
- [08:25] The biggest threat to the agency model is automation.
- [09:15] Incentive models are misaligned.
- [09:30] When they pay for performance, the incentives are much more aligned.
- [10:29] That’s it for today!
- [10:37] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...