In episode #720, Eric and Neil discuss why marketers overspend. Tune in to hear why you are spending too much money.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: You’re Spending Too Much Money!
- [00:40] In marketing, everyone is about spending money.
- [01:15] When people hit Eric up, they are looking for advertising and SEO, but rarely conversion rate optimization.
- [01:40] SEO and content marketing are the best or most popular services.
- [01:57] If you’re spending all this money on marketing, why wouldn’t you hire someone to reduce your expense by cutting the fat?
- [02:12] Hire someone full-time to just do conversion rate optimization.
- [03:00] Consider ways your office space can produce revenue.
- [03:22] AWS did $12 Billion in revenue.
- [03:35] Take the expense you have and figure out creative ways to make them profit-generating machines.
- [03:50] Example: your office could be an event space.
- [04:10] Optimize to get more out of your resources.
- [04:20] Be more creative with how you spend your money,
- [04:50] Eric and Neil love marketing so much because there is so much room for creativity.
- [05:25] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...