In episode #720, Eric and Neil discuss why marketers overspend. Tune in to hear why you are spending too much money.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: You’re Spending Too Much Money!
- [00:40] In marketing, everyone is about spending money.
- [01:15] When people hit Eric up, they are looking for advertising and SEO, but rarely conversion rate optimization.
- [01:40] SEO and content marketing are the best or most popular services.
- [01:57] If you’re spending all this money on marketing, why wouldn’t you hire someone to reduce your expense by cutting the fat?
- [02:12] Hire someone full-time to just do conversion rate optimization.
- [03:00] Consider ways your office space can produce revenue.
- [03:22] AWS did $12 Billion in revenue.
- [03:35] Take the expense you have and figure out creative ways to make them profit-generating machines.
- [03:50] Example: your office could be an event space.
- [04:10] Optimize to get more out of your resources.
- [04:20] Be more creative with how you spend your money,
- [04:50] Eric and Neil love marketing so much because there is so much room for creativity.
- [05:25] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...