In episode #720, Eric and Neil discuss why marketers overspend. Tune in to hear why you are spending too much money.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: You’re Spending Too Much Money!
- [00:40] In marketing, everyone is about spending money.
- [01:15] When people hit Eric up, they are looking for advertising and SEO, but rarely conversion rate optimization.
- [01:40] SEO and content marketing are the best or most popular services.
- [01:57] If you’re spending all this money on marketing, why wouldn’t you hire someone to reduce your expense by cutting the fat?
- [02:12] Hire someone full-time to just do conversion rate optimization.
- [03:00] Consider ways your office space can produce revenue.
- [03:22] AWS did $12 Billion in revenue.
- [03:35] Take the expense you have and figure out creative ways to make them profit-generating machines.
- [03:50] Example: your office could be an event space.
- [04:10] Optimize to get more out of your resources.
- [04:20] Be more creative with how you spend your money,
- [04:50] Eric and Neil love marketing so much because there is so much room for creativity.
- [05:25] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...