In Episode #11 Eric and Neil discuss premium quality backlinks. They’ll explain what the heck that means, and they’ll give you clear tools to help you create the best backlinks. As you find ways to connect people with your content, using the resources available to you and being proactive will drive up your rankings in no time.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – How can you build premium quality backlinks?
- 00:45 – Get to the top of Google with backlinks and content
- 01:00 – Big websites have a high domain authority
- 01:25 – Backlinks are a vote of confidence
- 01:40 – You will up your rankings with better backlinks
- 01:55 – Network with people you know already
- 02:10 – Give each other value by posting on each other’s blogs
- 02:30 – Buzzsumo ranks most popular blog posts
- 2:45 – Take those posts and turn them into infographics
- 03:00 – Use Dribbble.com and Ahrefs.com to see who has linked to that post, and share your infographics with those readers
- 03:40 – Infographics can do even better than the original data-driven blog posts
- 04:30 – Your site will rank higher
- 04:40 – The Skyscraper Technique (from Brian Dean of Backlinko)
- 05:00 – Find who is sharing and linking certain content
- 05:30 – Find a way to expand the most popular content
- 06:00 – Reach out to people to share your newer, better content
- 06:25 – Making something that is better than what’s already out there
- 06:55 – Broken Link Checker and Ahrefs
- 07:25 – Create a better version of content that is no longer on the internet
- 08:00 – Reach out to the sites that have the dead links, and offer them your new version of the content
- 08:25 – Find resource pages and request that they link to your content
- 09:00 – Find people who are willing to be guest bloggers
- 09:25 – Get access to publishers and use their links
- 10:00 – PRServe
- 10:15 – Revolutionizing the PR industry
- 10:40 – You pay them only when your content gets in the press.
- 11:00 – The service drove more customers for Eric and Neil
- 12:00 – Subscribe to get content daily!
3 Key Points:
- Premium quality backlinks will boost your rankings.
- Start with people you already know, and then utilize online tools to create better backlinks.
- Create the best version of the most popular content on the web.
- Buzzsumo – A resource to find the most popular content on the internet right now
- Dribbble.com – A resource to help you design infographics
- Ahrefs.com – Tracks backlinks and keywords for you and your competitors
- Backlinko – Brian Dean’s blog with helpful insights to strong web content
- Broken Link Checker – How to find dead links on the internet
- PRServe – A PR agency that only requires payment when your blog gets publicity
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...