In episode #1004, we discuss how to monetize a podcast. Tune in to hear how you can make money off of a free podcast.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Monetize a Podcast
- [00:32] The easiest thing you can do is run ads.
- [00:41] You can charge based on your CPM.
- [01:15] Another way to monetize is pushing your own product.
- [01:30] You can push courses, as well.
- [02:05] Another option is using Patreon, so you don’t have to run ads.
- [02:40] There are some people that will run listeners through a funnel for a product and get them on the email list to remarket them later.
- [03:25] There is a Chinese teacher who makes $8 Million per year through his educational podcast.
- [03:40] That’s all for today!
- [03:46] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...