In episode #825, we discuss whether you should sell ads on your site. Tune in to hear why this may or may not work for you.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Sell Ads on Your Site?
- [00:50] If you are selling ads on your site, people are leveraging your site and making more money than you are.
- [01:30] Neil used to think ads were useless.
- [01:42] However, his friend who runs Astrology Answers monetizes by selling astrology-related items and ads were great additional revenue.
- [02:21] It’s important to test this out.
- [02:35] Neil doesn’t monetize in India, so ads could be a way to generate extra income without hurting his revenue stream.
- [03:45] Test out ads to see if it will help, but don’t use it as your main source of income.
- [04:10] That’s it for today!
- [04:15] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...