In episode #825, we discuss whether you should sell ads on your site. Tune in to hear why this may or may not work for you.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Sell Ads on Your Site?
- [00:50] If you are selling ads on your site, people are leveraging your site and making more money than you are.
- [01:30] Neil used to think ads were useless.
- [01:42] However, his friend who runs Astrology Answers monetizes by selling astrology-related items and ads were great additional revenue.
- [02:21] It’s important to test this out.
- [02:35] Neil doesn’t monetize in India, so ads could be a way to generate extra income without hurting his revenue stream.
- [03:45] Test out ads to see if it will help, but don’t use it as your main source of income.
- [04:10] That’s it for today!
- [04:15] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...