In episode #707, Eric and Neil discuss why your blog isn’t loved by Google. Tune in to hear the one big mistake most people make.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: This is Why Your Blog Isn’t Loved by Google
- [00:35] People like using web addresses that stick to the format “blog.domain.com”
- [01:08] Eric and Neil believe this is a mistake.
- [01:25] When Eric’s past companies switched from a sub-domain to a sub-folder, traffic increased.
- [02:30] If you’re going to switch, you have to change all of your internal links plus 301 them.
- [03:00] A lot of work is involved in switching over. Use Screaming Frog to make sure you changed everything over correctly.
- [03:45] You have to make sure you have an excel sheet your engineers can follow.
- [04:50] Go post by post when moving everything.
- [05:00] This is also an opportunity to update and delete content.
- [05:15] Make sure all your info is up to date.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...