In episode #707, Eric and Neil discuss why your blog isn’t loved by Google. Tune in to hear the one big mistake most people make.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: This is Why Your Blog Isn’t Loved by Google
- [00:35] People like using web addresses that stick to the format “blog.domain.com”
- [01:08] Eric and Neil believe this is a mistake.
- [01:25] When Eric’s past companies switched from a sub-domain to a sub-folder, traffic increased.
- [02:30] If you’re going to switch, you have to change all of your internal links plus 301 them.
- [03:00] A lot of work is involved in switching over. Use Screaming Frog to make sure you changed everything over correctly.
- [03:45] You have to make sure you have an excel sheet your engineers can follow.
- [04:50] Go post by post when moving everything.
- [05:00] This is also an opportunity to update and delete content.
- [05:15] Make sure all your info is up to date.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...