In episode #707, Eric and Neil discuss why your blog isn’t loved by Google. Tune in to hear the one big mistake most people make.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: This is Why Your Blog Isn’t Loved by Google
- [00:35] People like using web addresses that stick to the format “blog.domain.com”
- [01:08] Eric and Neil believe this is a mistake.
- [01:25] When Eric’s past companies switched from a sub-domain to a sub-folder, traffic increased.
- [02:30] If you’re going to switch, you have to change all of your internal links plus 301 them.
- [03:00] A lot of work is involved in switching over. Use Screaming Frog to make sure you changed everything over correctly.
- [03:45] You have to make sure you have an excel sheet your engineers can follow.
- [04:50] Go post by post when moving everything.
- [05:00] This is also an opportunity to update and delete content.
- [05:15] Make sure all your info is up to date.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...