In episode #625, Eric and Neil discuss where and how to focus your energy. Tune in to hear what you should actually be focusing on!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: To Focus or Not to Focus, The Marketer’s Dilemma
- [00:50] People have different concepts of how marketing works.
- [01:02] Your tactics all depend on what your business is, what its status is, etc.
- [01:37] Pick a tactic that is working the best for you and focus all your energy on that.
- [01:55] Once that tactic is operating to its best abilities, add in other tactics.
- [02:24] Eric worked at a company that tried a bunch of different tactics and found video marketing worked the best, then focused all their energy on that.
- [03:14] Neil met the Legal Zoom/Shoedazzle CEO; he told Neil to have laser focus.
- [04:10] Steve Jobs said that he is better at saying “no” than other people.
- [04:40] If your growth rate is accelerating, hit the gas. If it’s decelerating, think about what you can improve.
- [04:55] That’s all for today!
- [05:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....
In episode #2409, Neil and Eric talk about how YouTube and Spotify are changing the podcast game. You might think that with five to 10 million podcasts in existence, the world of podcasts is saturated...