In episode #625, Eric and Neil discuss where and how to focus your energy. Tune in to hear what you should actually be focusing on!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: To Focus or Not to Focus, The Marketer’s Dilemma
- [00:50] People have different concepts of how marketing works.
- [01:02] Your tactics all depend on what your business is, what its status is, etc.
- [01:37] Pick a tactic that is working the best for you and focus all your energy on that.
- [01:55] Once that tactic is operating to its best abilities, add in other tactics.
- [02:24] Eric worked at a company that tried a bunch of different tactics and found video marketing worked the best, then focused all their energy on that.
- [03:14] Neil met the Legal Zoom/Shoedazzle CEO; he told Neil to have laser focus.
- [04:10] Steve Jobs said that he is better at saying “no” than other people.
- [04:40] If your growth rate is accelerating, hit the gas. If it’s decelerating, think about what you can improve.
- [04:55] That’s all for today!
- [05:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...