In episode #625, Eric and Neil discuss where and how to focus your energy. Tune in to hear what you should actually be focusing on!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: To Focus or Not to Focus, The Marketer’s Dilemma
- [00:50] People have different concepts of how marketing works.
- [01:02] Your tactics all depend on what your business is, what its status is, etc.
- [01:37] Pick a tactic that is working the best for you and focus all your energy on that.
- [01:55] Once that tactic is operating to its best abilities, add in other tactics.
- [02:24] Eric worked at a company that tried a bunch of different tactics and found video marketing worked the best, then focused all their energy on that.
- [03:14] Neil met the Legal Zoom/Shoedazzle CEO; he told Neil to have laser focus.
- [04:10] Steve Jobs said that he is better at saying “no” than other people.
- [04:40] If your growth rate is accelerating, hit the gas. If it’s decelerating, think about what you can improve.
- [04:55] That’s all for today!
- [05:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...