In Episode #303, Eric and Neil discuss the type of content marketing you should create when you’re starting off. Tune in to learn why Eric would still start with blog posting even if people are saying that it is dying and why you should start with what YOU are good at.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Type of Content Should You Create When You’re Starting Off?
- 00:38 – First, create blog-based content
- 00:40 – It is the easiest type of content to create
- 01:00 – In content marketing, there’s no right form of content to start first
- 01:10 – If your skills are in audio or video, then start off with those and do what you’re best at
- 01:24 – If everything is going to one direction, try the other way
- 01:47 – Think of it as the Blue Ocean Strategy
- 01:58 – Gary V isn’t good at blog posts, but he’s good on camera
- 02:18 – If you have created video content in the past and are good at it, then go in that direction
- 02:30 – If Eric would start now, he would start with blog posting
- 02:53 – Just figure out what’s the easiest and go from there
- 03:00 – If you can’t blog consistently, do guest posting
- 03:15 – Marketing School has an episode about guest posting
- 03:29 – The content re-usage workflow
- 03:34 – Chalene Johnson is good on camera
- 03:50 – She starts with live videos, which she turns into podcast episodes, which turns to blog posts then social media posts
- 04:08 – A workflow tool like Gliffy can help you repurpose your content
- 04:20 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Sniply which allows you to overlay links that you’re sharing with CTA
- 05:02 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:05 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:25 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blog-based content is the easiest type of content marketing.
- Focus on your strength, first—if it’s video, then start with video.
- Repurpose your content into different channels to increase access and interaction points with your audience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2473, we talk about where consumer confidence sits right now. The global economy has had to adapt to some pretty major events over the past three years, from a worldwide pandemic to the wa...
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...